J. Scott Southworth has extensive experience providing patent related services in computer, electronic, and software related technical areas, and performing intellectual property work in such areas as patent portfolio strategies, patent application drafting and prosecution, trademark consultation, and infringement analysis. He has experience evaluating patent and intellectual property issues in light of relevant short term and long term business goals. He can provide personalized attention to the patent and intellectual property issues of companies of all sizes, from startup efforts to major corporations.
Patent and intellectual property strategies should be carefully evaluated to insure proper protection of the technologies and products that are important to the business. Patent portfolios should be re-evaluated on an ongoing basis to insure that the portfolio synchronizes with newly developing technologies and products, as well as shifts in business goals and objectives.
More specifically, Scott can provide services in such areas as the following:
- Patent and intellectual property consulting for startup ventures
- Technology analysis regarding potential for patenting
- Patenting and intellectual property auditing
- Patent portfolio development for new technologies
- Evaluation of existing patent portfolios
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications